Register Log in
AuthorMessage
gabig58
Aug. 30, 2011, 9:20 a.m.

Hi! I just tried to create a mission for Limerick, Ireland, and I keep on getting the error message "Address not found", although I managed to select the game area on the map.

gabig58
Sept. 1, 2011, 8:05 a.m.

I downloaded the Tidy City Scout v1.01 on my Android phone (an HTC Desire running on Froyo), but when I tried to open the APK, it gives me a parsing error and doesn't install.

Can you help me, please?

totem
Sept. 1, 2011, 10:53 a.m.

Hi gabig58!

Sorry to hear that you had such problems!

Concerning creating the mission, when you draw the borders of a mission, we try to guess the city from the GPS coordinates. We will look into it to see if there is a bug when no address could be found. In the meantime I have created a new mission for you in Limerick that you should be able to see under "my mission". Just try to change the mission borders from there and see how that works.

Concerning your second issue, it sounds like the download must have malfunctioned. When exactly does the parsing error appear? After or before Android asking you about the usage rights that the Scout demands? We do not have a HTC Desire, but everything runs fine on our other phones (several LGs, HTCs, Samsungs).

gabig58
Sept. 15, 2011, 9:26 a.m.

After trying several times, I managed to install Tidy City Scout on my Android. I went out today, and tried to create a mission.

I took pictures in a few locations, and when I got back to my office, I uploaded them all. However, there was no option to name my mission. When I log on to the website and try to retrieve the uploaded elements, all I can find is a Limerick test mission that you created for me.

How can I manage to upload items in the field, and then edit them on the web? Or the authoring kit does not allow this?

gabig58
Sept. 15, 2011, 9:35 a.m.

Sorry, mystery solved! I worked it out!

totem
Sept. 16, 2011, 7 a.m.

Great that you figured it out yourself! :)

For everybody else who reads this: After uploading your riddles from Tidy City Scout to the server, you need to create a new mission first (or enter an already existing one). Then you find a button labeled "import" underneath the map and above the riddle list in the main mission overview window. When you press it, you can select from all the riddles you have created with Tidy City Scout and can add them to your game.

Copyright © 2016 TOTEM. Theories and Tools for Distributed Authoring of Mobile Mixed Reality Games.
Data Protection Policy Impressum